In compliance with WCAG regulations: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/accessibility-requirements-for-public-sector-websites-and-apps
Onlinepare.net users can:
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Expect text reflows in a single column when they change the size of the browser window
Where the functionality required from our website means we are unable to fully comply with WCAG regulations, by directing users to standard Browser plug -in functionality from Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox, users are also able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- allow navigation through most of the website using just the keyboard
- zooming in on content
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible yet, and we are working on:
- Producing our own code to enhance user ability to navigate the website using speech recognition software
- Adding text to images to describe the content of the image.
- Enhancing the structure of content layout to more closely match the WCAG regulations.
- Improving navigation of some online forms using just a keyboard
In the interim, we direct users with accessibility issue toward the BBC hosted accessibility pages found at:
- Alternatives to a keyboard and mouse
- Screen readers and talking browsers
- Changing text and background colours
- Making your mouse easier to use
- Using your keyboard to control your mouse
- Increasing the size of the text in your web browser
- How to magnify your screen
Should users have any queries or requests regarding accessibility options, please contact the PARE support team via the PARE website, Help Centre support ticket.