Online Practice Assessment Record and Evaluation (PARE) has been funded by Health Education England (North) since 2013 as both the definitive healthcare practice placement quality monitoring tool, and as a means of shaping information technology integration and development across healthcare practice learning. Designed by a team hosted within the University of Chester, PARE is the result of a substantial collaboration of universities and healthcare provider organisations across the UK.
Core Features of PARE include:
- Collaboration and standardisation of online practice learning assessment and practice hour monitoring.
- Online portfolio of anonymised evidence for Practice Assessor / Supervisor activities.
- Instant messaging and cross organisation communication aids to support clinical educator / learner / university integrated working.
- Multi professional, and cross organisation 'real time' educator registers.
- Generation of real time multi professional practice capacity, usage, learner results, and
- placement quality metrics.
- Placement audit management tool
- GP Trainer and Dental Educational Supervisor Processes (as administered by HEE in the Yorkshire & the Humber region)
- HEE managed 'Approved Trainer Register'